Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Clou Blog's 5th Anniversary!

Five years ago on the three-year anniversary of meeting Kevin, and shortly after getting married, I started this blog! A lot has happened since then! For the short version check out my year reviews below. This blog is definitely a labor of love. I really enjoy writing it, taking photos for it, and reading back on the old posts. Especially with a second baby now, it's so fun to look back and see if things were different with the first.

So many things have happened in five years it's hard to believe it's been such a short time. We lost my dad. We lost two very young friends Erik and Chris. We lost three grandparents. We had two beautiful children and our friends now have 36 more children among them (21 of them boys!). There have been another twenty-three friend-weddings in the last 5 years. My mother and Owen beat cancer! Kevin published his first book. Life is a rough ride and we're so lucky to have each other for it. All of us. That's why I've never changed the banner- because we're all in it together.

My year reviews since I began the blog:

2009: Second half of the year, starting from when we got married
2010: First half and second half (when we lost my dad)
2011: First half when James was born and second half
2012: First half and second half
2013: First half and second half

But of course, probably the best part of the blog has been Kevin's 41 posts so far. I'll try to get him to write more!

Us through the first five blog years:

380
Our Wedding, Cape Cod, June 2009

Our First Anniversary 2010
One-year Wedding Anniversary, Brooklyn, June 2010

James at 2 Days Old 2011
Our son James is born!, Long Island, April 2011

James's 1st Birthday Party 2012
James's First Birthday, Long Island, April 2012

Visiting Ash- June 2013
Ta-da! Warwick, NY, June 2013

Miranda- 2 Days 2014
Our daughter Miranda is born!, Long Island, April 2014

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...