Friday, July 25, 2014

Miranda is 3 Months 2014

Miranda no longer eats and sleeps all the time. She has longer periods of wakefulness and expects to be thoroughly entertained during these periods even though she doesn't like toys yet. She continues to smile and make cute little noises at us, but we're hearing "coo" and "goo" less and less. She loves "chatting" especially with Dada.

Miri is 3 Months 2014


Food: The cluster feeding frenzy stopped cold. Honestly I kind of miss it because entertaining her is much harder than feeding her. Maybe. I don't know. It's all hard. All of her fussiness is definitely wanting to be entertained or being tired.

July 2014
She looks more like my mom when she's sleeping.

Sleep: Pretty much the same as last month. She goes to bed more reliably around 9:30 p.m. and sleeps about 5-6 hours which is super awesome. She'll wake up at 2:30 am or 3:30 a.m., I feed her and put her back in her crib. Then she'd wake up again at 5:30ish, and after feeding, she moves to our bed. More feeding at 7:30-8, and then at 9 or 10 am.

Naps are still difficult as detailed very specifically in my last post.

Growth: She's in size 3 months. We haven't gone back for another pediatrician appointment. We had her 2-month appointment late on July 1st and she was 24.25", and 12.8 pounds. She's about 14 pounds now.

July 2014
Trying to get the octopus

Skills: She grasps my shirt, finger, or my hair, and tries to swat at stuff in her baby gym. She also swats me away from her face when I'm bugging her. She's still not really interested in toys beyond a passing interest in her rattle, octopus, and mirror. She loves that other baby in the mirror.

Miranda still will not take a bottle or a pacifier, and it's starting to alarm me because I'm her hostage until she takes a bottle.

Miri- July 2014
A lovely toothless smile

Personality: Miranda smiles at us a lot and seems to have quite the little sense of humor already. She still likes to be walked around the house upright, and no she also like rocking in the glider with Dada.

July 2014
Chatting

July 2014
Riding around with her Dada

Me: When I went back to work I mentioned that I might have to do fewer hours for a while. In fact, I have been doing way more hours than before. From home. With no daycare. And Kevin went back to work, albeit only two days a week (I know, play me a violin!), but inevitably those are my busiest days.

I lost 24. I've lost no additional weight since month 1. I STILL have about 6 pounds to pre-Miranda and 12 to pre-James.

Miri is 3 Months 2014
Three months! Showing a little leg.

Kevin: She's eating a little less so she's not as attached to Mama. She seems more attentive. Her eyes are more alert.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...