Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ash's Masters of Psychology Graduation 2013

Ash has had a very successful career in Marketing, but she really wanted a career where she could use her skills to help people so she went back to graduate school for School Psychology. I was super excited and invited myself to graduation, because frankly, that's how I roll. She graciously accepted my self-invitation. 

Ash's Graduation 2013
Ash and her family at Radio City Music Hall

The graduation ceremony was at Radio City Music Hall which is amazing. I got there early and sat close to the front with my big camera. After many introductory remarks the presentations began with awards. I started wondering if Ash was going to get one, and I didn't have a program so I asked the woman next to me if I could look at hers. Just as I got all excited that Ash's name was listed under Graduate Departmental Awards for School Psychology, I saw a curly-haired person in the front start moving around. Apparently, Ash didn't know she was getting an award either and she had to jump up to get in line to go up on stage! I hooted like a crazy person when they called her up. I was like one of those moms on "Toddlers in Tiaras" which I realized only because the row in front of me turned around to look at me.

Ash's Graduation 2013
Ash accepts her award

Ash's Graduation 2013
The chorus after degrees were conferred

photo (3)cc
Ash and her friends from graduate school

Afterwards, her family, Kevin, and I went for drinks to celebrate. Ash came too. She told me that on the way to the graduation, they'd had a lot of traffic on the way over and Ash had to get out of her car and run the rest of the way leaving her sister to park the car. Luckily, everybody made it in time.

Ash's Graduation 2013
Sisters Aneira and Ash

Ash's Graduation 2013
Me and Ash

Ash's Graduation 2013
Walking around Manhattan... in circles.

Ash's Graduation 2013
We made her hold up her award

Ash's Graduation 2013
Drinks at Le Maison

Ash's Graduation 2013
Me, Ash, and Kevin

Congratulations, Ash! You're going to be so helpful to many young people.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...