Thursday, May 16, 2013

Smoke and Gas Detectors 2013

For the love, TWO homes of people I love have been evacuated this week. Everyone please make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home. Last Friday, Christina, Dan, and Hudson were evacuated from their home in the middle of the night on Friday. Their fire alarms never sounded here even though there was smoke, a carbon monoxide detector might have caught it.

And then last night my mother came home after work, and smelled gas. She checked the oven and the pilot light but didn't see anything. She went downstairs asked her neighbor, but he said he didn't smell anything. She went back up had dinner, opened all her windows, and went to bed. At 2:30 a.m., the Fire Department showed up at her door to evacuate her while they checked for a gas leak because they'd had a report of a high CO2 reading.

Please have and check your smoke and gas detectors. There are so many bad things in this world that we can't control! Please take the easy steps to take care of yourselves and your family. I love you!

2013 03 Hudson and Christina
Hudson and Christina

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...