While Kevin was away at Boys' Weekend, the kids and I had a pretty good time at home. The best though was that James made a scavenger hunt for me. It was completely his idea and execution. I was so surprised when I found the clues and it all worked!
Found the first one where I couldn't miss it- by my computer.
Found the next one in the shoe basket in hall...
Under the bathroom stool...
I had to look in all the beds.
Found the last one in the guest bed.
I asked James to pose with his last clue. So cute!
Kevin and Jon went to visit Casey for the weekend. They drove up Saturday and went to a concert that night. They went to see Jesse Dee play at The Sinclair in Cambridge. Sunday they stayed in and watched the NFL Playoffs. Patriots won! Woo!
The Presidential inauguration fell on Friday. Kevin was at work, and James was at Kindergarten so Miranda and I watched together. I asked her to pose for a picture when President Trump was sworn in, and she posed like so:
James got the evil stomach bug that's been going through all the schools and the whole town. He started puking right after his bedtime on Saturday and I stayed up with him all Saturday night while he was sick. So obviously, then it hit me Sunday afternoon. And then, Kevin got it Sunday late night. Poor Kevin still had to go to work.
Sunday sick day.
Lots of mom love
I'm down next. Miranda tried to comfort me and James, but she was fine.
It was cold on Saturday so we took the kids to the library which they enjoy. We checked out a Martin Luther King, Jr book, the movie Wreck-It Ralph, and the kids played with the toys and kindles at the library. (Yes, even though they have kindles at home.)
Miranda with My Little Pony, James with crown
James checking out more toys
Playing Toca World or something
Then we took the kids for hot chocolate and cookies at Tiger Lily. James, Miranda, and I each picked out a cookie using the display case, but when the cookies arrived they wanted mine instead, so I let them share mine and the second most edible one. The inedible sugar cookie was probably forgotten in the diaper bag.
Kevin using spare change to buy cookies because they don't take debit cards.
Me, pouting, because I chose my children's happiness over my own.
Here's a little insight into our sexy Long Island date nights. We had dinner at a Greek restaurant, Alexandros, followed by a Harbor Front Concert at the PJ Village Center. Then we tried a random bar for drinks, Portside Bar, and it was a little sketchy. No pictures inside the sketchy bar.
It snowed a lot on Saturday and we used the day to deal with digging ourselves out a little and letting the kids play in the yard.
Getting them suited up is a process.
James building a small hill to sled on.
I invested in some snow boots! Love the furry inside.
Sunday, Kevin tried to take the kids sledding as Miranda just got her own sled for Christmas, but Miranda screamed so much that he had to bring her back homw and then take James back out. But James loves sledding.
My 2016 resolutions were like a lot of other things in 2016--> TOTAL FAIL. I'm not even sure I looked at them until today. So! To fulfill my 2017 resolutions, I'm going to check in every month.
1. Monthly date night! Have one on the calendar for January.
2. I'm going to try to make sure that Kevin spends some time alone doing something he enjoys at least once a month (hiking, reading at coffee shop) and
3. Make sure Kevin is able to spend time with his friends at least once a month
1. Kids- Monthly "family day" where we take the kids to do something fun. We've actually done a lot of this over the last year or so this one should be easy.
2. Going to try again to teach James Spanish. (Need a plan to get this done!)
3. Grandma/Nana: Keep seeing them about once a month
1. Meditate daily (This could also have gone under "family" since my bigger goal is to be more positive at home.)
2. Walk 10,000 steps, 5 days a week. Got a Fitbit!
3. Read 200 books/ listen to audiobooks this year (about 17 a month)
4. Try to see a close friend at least once a month.
5. Get comfortable driving to grocery store. (Maybe by doing it once a week?)