Friday, February 7, 2014

7 Months Pregnant 2014

25 Weeks, January 9-15
I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment at the beginning of 24 weeks, but because of Snow Storm Hercules, we had to reschedule for this week. I met a new doctor in the practice and he surprised me with an unscheduled sonogram. I think I scared Kevin that something might be wrong when I called him into see her. She was hiding her face under her little fists, but the sonogram could focus past her arms so we could see her face anyway.  As the doctor pointed out, being able to see the entirety of her big eyeballs makes her sort of look like the Terminator right now. Kevin called her "cute." It must be love! She looked leggy to me, but all signs still say she is currently normal size, and the official file in my doctor's office still says my due date is April 24! So that's good.

25 Weeks Pregnant 2014
25 Weeks on Thursday- I'm huge already!

Baby progress:  
Baby's now the size of an cauliflower or rutabaga. Head to heel, she now measures about 13 1/2 inches., and she's about a pound and a half. She's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair. Her sense of equilibrium is also kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.

Symptoms: Stuffy and runny nose, everything smells bad, trouble breathing, bad acid reflux. Also, I threw up (the nefarious cupcake) and I thought it was random, but since then I've been throwing up about once a week
Cravings: Chocolate, sugar, fish, beef, cupcakes
Anti-cravings: Cupcakes
My Weight Gain: 17 pounds, but still 3 pounds heavier than last time
Thing I Miss: Not worrying about the acid content of foods
Compare to week 25 with James

26 Weeks, January 16-22
Baby progress:  Itty Bitty is still size of a cauliflower or a head of lettuce.She now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

She is soaking up antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Her eyes are forming. The network of nerves in her ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat.

Symptoms: Lots of trouble breathing, bad acid reflux, everything smells bad, stuffy and runny nose. Threw up again. This time I was eating a frozen fruit bar.
Cravings: Oatmeal, raisins, grapes, granola in various forms
Anti-cravings: Anything that looks even a tiny bit old totally grosses me out. Super sweet things (even though I want them) make me feel a bit sick
My Weight Gain: 19 pounds, 4 pounds heavier than last time
Thing I Miss: Sleeping!, breathing
Compare to week 26 with James


27 Weeks, January 23-29
Neutral Milk Hotel was baby's first concert this week, and she kicked through all the music- to the beat! Kevin and I signed our wills on Monday, so now we can rest easy that our kids will be taken care of even if something happens to us. I also finally told my boss I'm pregnant at the end of the week. I work remotely so it's easier to hide the belly than if I had an office job.

A bit over 27 weeks, rocking my swing coat (thanks, Ash's mom)

Baby progress:  Itty Bitty is the still size of a cauliflower or rutabaga. She weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended.

Her lungs are developing, which combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils means she's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. Every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now.

Symptoms: Lots of trouble breathing, bad acid reflux, stuffy nose. I threw up after eating just a small amount of canned peaches after lunch. The I had to get up at night to throw up the ice cream I had after dinner. I see a pattern developing. I worry that this does not bode well for my glucose test at the end of the week.
Cravings: Protein: Hamburgers, BEEF, peanut butter, beans, seafood, fruit, peaches
Anti-cravings: peaches, veggies with a bitter taste
My Weight Gain: 19 pounds, 3 pounds heavier than last time.
Thing I Miss: Living Tums-free, eating sweets without puking, warm weather walks, hugging normally, jumping up from a sitting position without sucking wind
Compare to week 27 with James


7 Months!, 28 Weeks, January 30-February 5
Third Trimester! Final stretch!  I did my lucose test on Friday and it came back normal. But then I got a call a few days later that my iron was low so I was a little anemic and my vitamin D was low again. That explains my beef and hamburger cravings the last few weeks! So I'm tired from low iron, but I've also been working a lot this week- so I'm really really tired. And since James gave up naps in January, that means I had to give up naps in Jauary. Well, with another baby on the way, my napping days were numbered anyway.

28 Weeks
 
Baby progress:  Itty Bitty is now the size of an eggplant! She weighs 2 1/4 pounds and measures almost 15 inches from the top of her head to her heels.

Her lungs are mature enough that, if she were born right now, she has a great chance of being okay. Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smooth as fat continues to deposit. She can open and close her eyes, which now has lashes.

Symptoms: Throwing up after eating sweet things, acid reflux, trouble breathing, trouble sleeping
Cravings: COCONUT, chocolate, Fruit loops?, Coca-Cola but I haven't indulged the last two.
Anti-cravings: Tatsoi is the grossest vegetable ever. I also don't like fennel.
My Weight Gain: 19.5, only 1.5 pounds heavier than last time- the closest I've been yet to my weight during James's pregnancy!
Thing I Miss: Being able to roll over. Not being constantly tired.
Compare to week 28 with James


Snow Day- February 2014
Is it just me or does this snowman look a little pregnant?

I'm 29 weeks now. I'm looking forward to seeing Itty Bitty in a full sonogram next Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...