Monday, January 31, 2011

27 Weeks, January 16-22, 2011

The week started out okay with our doctor's appointment and glucose test going well on Tuesday, and a really nice visit from Rachel and Eleanor on Thursday.  But it turned into another bad week with the death of my maternal grandmother on Thursday night.

Milestones: Baby should be less curled up now and be about 15 inches long.  The baby book says the baby is tasting all the food I eat and might react by kicking. I think I've felt that quite often actually.

What I miss the most: My loved ones.
Craving: Grapes, raisins, nuts
Anti-craving: Coffee
Symptoms: Lots of trouble sleeping, painful baby kicks. 
Baby-size: Still an eggplant
Weight gain: 24.5

Rachel and Eleanor Visit 2011
Rachel and Eleanor

The glucose test is really gross by the way.  I haven't had any soda during my pregnancy and I've been avoiding any beverage that isn't water, milk, 100% juice, coffee, tea, or the occasional delightful milkshake. So it's kind of ironic that I had to drink something that might give a person diabetes to test if I have diabetes. The first sips were delicious and orange soda like. But even though I only had to drink half of the tiny bottle I really wanted to throw up by the time I was done. If you fail this part of the test, you have to drink a larger bottle. If I failed, I had already committed to just following a diabetic diet instead of drinking a larger bottle of this trash. Luckily I got the thumbs up from the doctor; no prenatal diabetes here.

27 Weeks Glucose Test 2011
Evil glucose drink

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...