1. What's your name? James.
2. What's my name? Ma... uh.. Ericka.
What's his name? Dada.
3. How old are you? Four.
4. How old do you think I am? Thirty-three? Thirty-five? (I am 36.)
5. How old is Dada? Forty-four. (He is 35.)
6. What is your favorite animal? My favorite animals are all the animals. I like the animals in The Littlest Pet Shop. (TV Show)
7. What is your favorite color? The colors of the pet shop.
Can you pick just one color? Blue, because that's a panda in The Littlest Pet Shop.
8. What is your favorite food? Apple.
What's your favorite breakfast? My favorite breakfast is eggs.
What's your favorite lunch? My favorite lunch is peanut butter and jelly.
What's your favorite dinner? Peas and eggs. (Quiche?)
9. What is your favorite book? I don't know. My favorite is Goodnight Moon.
10. What is your favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle, and Itsy Bitsy.
Interrupts... Can we please not talk this? Where's Grandma's iPad?
12. Do you sleep with any toys at night? Just Fudgie.
13. What is your favorite show? All of them. The Littlest Pet Shop is my favorite.
14. Which is your favorite movie? The Frozen movie, and the Lego movie.
15. What do you want for your birthday? Cake. A ballon.
16. Are you funny? Yep.
17. Who is your best friend? Everybody.
Well who do you like playing with the most? Grandma.
18. Do you like school? Yep.
19. Who are your teachers? Miss Andrea and Miss Sue.
20. Do you love me? Yeah.
What does it mean that you love me? That you're pretty.
Do you love Dada? Yeah.
What does it mean that you love Dada? He thinks he's pretty.
21. Do you want to get married one day? Yeah.
What kind of person do you want to marry? All the girls in the town.
22. What do you want to want to be when you grow up? A teacher.
Wrote "Good Mama, Good James, Good Miranda, Good Dada" on his own.
Quotes from the last six months
K: Go use the potty, James.
J: I don't pee or poop anymore.
K: That's untenable.
J: Is it tomorrow?
K: The answer to that question is always no.
E: Tomorrow isn't like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Tomorrow is always the day after today.
J: What? That's a crazy story, Mama.
Me: I have to squish you (hugs James)
J: Sorry I have to do my work.
Me: What's your work?
Me: What's your work?
J: Lifting things.
Me: Well this is my work, I have to squish you.
J: (laughing) Sorry, gotta go work.
J: Dada, can I have balloons for my birthday?
K: Balloons for your birthday? Sure. How many do you want?
J: Mm, a "meeyon."
K: A million! No, how about another number?
K: Sure. How about four since you'll be four on your next birthday?
E: Why are you calling me Ericka?
J: Because that's your name.
E: But I'm your mama.
J: That's your middle name, Ericka.
- James is 3.5
- James 3rd Birthday interview
- James's interview at 2.5 years old
- James wasn't interview ready at 2 years old, but he was starting to use sentences.