Wednesday, April 22, 2015

James's 4th Birthday Interview and Quotes

Since James's three-and-a-half-birthday, he's developed a lot. He writes a lot more words and he reads a little - not just memorization of his books but actual sight-reading. He negotiates, whines, cajoles, and plays me and Kevin off each other. He either turned 4 years old or 14 years old on Monday. I'm not sure which. He had his 4 year appointment today and he's 36 pounds and 40.5 inches tall, and is otherwise completely healthy. We feel very lucky.

James Nursery School 2014
Autumn joy

Interview, 4/20/15
1. What's your name? James.
2. What's my name? Ma... uh.. Ericka.
    What's his name? Dada.
3. How old are you? Four.
4. How old do you think I am? Thirty-three? Thirty-five? (I am 36.)
5. How old is Dada? Forty-four. (He is 35.)

James Nursery School 2014
Holding worms at nature nursery school

6. What is your favorite animal? My favorite animals are all the animals. I like the animals in The Littlest Pet Shop. (TV Show)
7. What is your favorite color? The colors of the pet shop.
    Can you pick just one color? Blue, because that's a panda in The Littlest Pet Shop.
8. What is your favorite food? Apple.
    What's your favorite breakfast? My favorite breakfast is eggs.
    What's your favorite lunch? My favorite lunch is peanut butter and jelly.
    What's your favorite dinner? Peas and eggs. (Quiche?)
9. What is your favorite book? I don't know. My favorite is Goodnight Moon.
10. What is your favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle, and Itsy Bitsy.

 Interrupts... Can we please not talk this? Where's Grandma's iPad?

October 2014
Building a Duplo castle

11. What is your favorite toy? My favorite toy is a coloring book.
12. Do you sleep with any toys at night? Just Fudgie.
13. What is your favorite show? All of them. The Littlest Pet Shop is my favorite.
14. Which is your favorite movie?  The Frozen movie, and the Lego movie.

Snow Storm Juno 2015
Eating snow

15. What do you want for your birthday? Cake. A ballon.
16. Are you funny? Yep.
17. Who is your best friend? Everybody.
      Well who do you like playing with the most? Grandma.

Grandma Visits- Feb 2015
Giving Grandma a checkup

18. Do you like school? Yep.
19. Who are your teachers? Miss Andrea and Miss Sue.

February 2015
Strange and troubling things he writes on his own. Warning!

20. Do you love me? Yeah.
     What does it mean that you love me? That you're pretty.
     Do you love Dada? Yeah.
     What does it mean that you love Dada? He thinks he's pretty.

February 2015
Definitely loves his sister.

21. Do you want to get married one day? Yeah.
     What kind of person do you want to marry? All the girls in the town.
22. What do you want to want to be when you grow up? A teacher.

March 2015
Wrote "Good Mama, Good James, Good Miranda, Good Dada" on his own.

Quotes from the last six months
11/18/14:
K: Go use the potty, James.
J: I don't pee or poop anymore.
K: That's untenable.

Washington, DC 2015

Full of personality!

1/13/15:
J: Is it tomorrow?
K: The answer to that question is always no.
E: Tomorrow isn't like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Tomorrow is always the day after today.
J: What? That's a crazy story, Mama.

Charlottesville, VA 2015 
Selfie at Dada's reading

1/16/15:
Me: I have to squish you (hugs James)
J: Sorry I have to do my work.
Me: What's your work?
J: Lifting things.
Me: Well this is my work, I have to squish you.
J: (laughing) Sorry, gotta go work.

Charlottesville, VA 2015
Too cool for words

1/26/15:
J: Dada, can I have balloons for my birthday?
K: Balloons for your birthday? Sure. How many do you want?
J: Mm, a "meeyon."
K: A million! No, how about another number?
J: Two?
K: Sure. How about four since you'll be four on your next birthday?

April 2015
Drew a seriously awesome Pacman game

2/23/15:
J: Ericka...
E: Why are you calling me Ericka?
J: Because that's your name.
E: But I'm your mama.
J: That's your middle name, Ericka.

April 2015
Sharing the chair

3/29/15:
J: "I only speak Spanish." (in English)

1st and 4th Birthday Party 2015
Super cool

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...