Friday, January 23, 2015

Miranda is 9 Months 2015


Miri is 9 Months 2015
9-month old speed-crawler


Sleep: Around New Years, we started sleep training again... I couldn't bear to let her cry for more than a few minutes so I moved into the kids room temporarily, but as a few nights ago, I'm back in my own room, sleeping sans baby (most of the night). Victory?

We still hold her for naps, but now I rock her to sleep in the glider since I don't nurse or walk-bounce her.

Food: I have been trying to wean her because she has 3.5 teeth: the two on the bottom, one and half on top. She's been somewhat cooperative until recently when she went on formula-strike.  This is because she's really smart now. Seriously. She's also pretty confident at this point that if I'm eating something different than her, it's better than what she has. The fact that she eats so much food is pretty helpful though. I feel like formula is more of a beverage for her than her main meal.


Miri is 9 Months 2015
She looks most like herself when she makes these expressions.

Growth: She's an expert crawler now, though she has her own peculiar style with her right leg sticking out to the side. But she's really fast and can be to the exact spot she's not allowed to be in just a second. She sat up for the first time when we tried to sleep train her on December 30-31. She pulls up and tries to balance standing sometimes. We think she might try to walk soon.

She is in size 6-9 months, 9 months, 9-12 months. I sometimes squeeze her into 6 month pajamas because we don't have the right size and are too lazy to buy them. As mentioned above, she has 3.5 teeth.

Miri is 9 Months 2015
Her height versus James's height.

Personality: Miranda has a great personality. Everybody loves her. She does whatever she wants all of the time and gets everything she wants, which suits her. On the rare occasion that she's unhappy--this only happens several times an hour--she cries until whoever is closest to her cycles through the several hundred things that might make her happy. Then she eats.

She has 1 real word and a few made up ones: 1) Dada- refers to Kevin, and possibly also me, the lesser "dada"; 2) Bwah- made up word meaning "I don't like that"; 3) Num-num-num- means "this is yummy"; 4) Ah-tah- Made-up word meaning "Awesome sauce" I think; 5) Rrrrrrrrr- Look ma, I can roll my rr's.

January 2015
Making art

Me: Miranda and I have a strange relationship right now. She has what we call "mama-itis" which means that if enter the room I have to stay in the room and hold her. But she actually favors Kevin. Unless she's in a bad mood, then she'd rather make me suffer. She's teething, and I'm trying to wean her, and sleep train her, so she has every reason to kind of hate me. But I love her. So much!

January 2015
Smooshy faces


January 2015
She's sneaking up from behind me

Kevin: Miranda and I are in the midst of a honeymoon phase that I expect to last until she moves out or her mother places her on the Orphan Train. Things Miranda and I do to bond include my holding her, my pretending to eat various parts of her anatomy, and my feeding her bottles while I stand in front of a mostly sunny window. She also enjoys almost drowning in the bath.

January 2015
The romance is real

James: Oh they are hilarious! They're not really the right ages to play together yet, but they don't care. They think they're friends.

And they share a room now for real! Over a year after I redecorated the nursery so they could share, but better late than never. The move in was bumpy at first because Miranda cried a lot and James would get up and come to tell us "she was hurt." I slept on an air mattress in the room for a while while she learned to sleep through the night and he learned to stay quiet and not wake her. But now it's going great!

January 2015
Playing hungry hippos together

January 2015
Teaching her to use a sippy cup (in progress)

January 2015
"Sharing" Legos

January 2015
Sibling love attack!

Miri is 9 Months 2015   
In their room together.

Miri is 9 Months 2015

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...