Thursday, November 14, 2013

4 Months Pregnant 2013

13 Weeks, October 17-23
We went public with the baby news this week! A wee tiny bit early but after all the tests the baby has already had, and some light kicks I've been feeling, I just couldn't wait to reveal! Kevin and I are so excited about the baby, it was really hard to keep the baby a secret at all. This weekend we went to the farm with Rachel and Christina's families. We also told our immediate family the baby's gender. James turned 2 and a half, and we took him to the dentist to get his baby teeth cavities drilled.

Queens County Farm- Oct. 2013 
The farm with friends

Baby progress: Baby is the size of a peach. She has vocal cords and fingerprints. Her body is starting to catch up with her head,which makes up just a third of her body size now. She has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries! Future grandbabies?
Symptoms: Sleepiness, acid reflux, mild nausea, sore boobs, bad skin
Cravings: Orange juice, Skittles, vitamin C generally, fish, cereal especially Wheaties
Anti-cravings: None really, but I still get really full really fast
My Weight Gain: 1.5 pound (Last time 5 pounds)
Compare to week 13 with James

14 Weeks, October 24-30
Second trimester! I finally started wearing maternity clothing part-time. I was already wearing the shirts a little, and I busted out the pants this week.

We visited with Jaime, Janice, and Darren in Arlington, Virginia, and we all took James out in his Halloween costume. We also celebrated Brian's 30th birthday!

The Red Sox won the World Series for the second time since Kevin and I have been together! Kevin drove up to Boston to watch the final game in the bar that lets you look right down to the field at Fenway. To paraphrase Kevin with a lot of license, "Someday my unborn second child will ask what I remember about her pregnancy and I will say, 'The Red Sox won the World Series!'"

Baby progress: Baby is the size of a lemon. She can now squint, frown, grimace, and possibly suck her thumb! Her kidneys are producing urine, which she releases into the amniotic fluid around her Her body's growing faster than her head. My baby's liver starts making bile this week and her spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells.
Symptoms: Faintness, dizziness, sleepiness, acid reflux, mild nausea, sore boobs
Cravings: FIBER (Mini-wheats cereal, veggie burgers, veggies, fruit, cardboard boxes look alluring), ketchup, soy products, sugar candy (not chocolate so much as Skittles)
Anti-cravings: None really
My Weight Gain: 3 pounds (Last time 6 pounds)
Compare to week 14 with James

Halloween in Arlington 2013
Celebrating Halloween early with Fudgie, Darren, Janice, and Jaime

15 Weeks, October 31-November 6
Halloween! James went trick or treating for the first time! Next year he'll be going with his little sister (in the stroller). We announced to everyone that we were having a girl!

Baby progress:
Baby is the size of an apple or navel orange. She's moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, so her lungs can begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms. Her eyelids are still fused shut, but she can sense light.
Symptoms: Sleepiness, acid reflux, sore belly, stuffy nose at bed time
Cravings: Fish, fruit, sugar candy (not chocolate so much as Skittles), Grapefruit juice
Anti-cravings: None really
My Weight Gain: 4.5 pounds (Last time 7 pounds)
Compare to week 15 with James

16 Weeks 2013
16 Weeks!

16 Weeks 2013
James is starting to figure out what's up.

FOUR MONTHS!, 16 Weeks, November 7-13
I had my 16-week check up at the beginning of this week. I really look forward to my appointments so that I can have reassurance that Itty Bitty is doing well. The doctor spent a little while search my belly for the baby's heartbeat because she was on the move, and I might have started freaking out except that I was pretty sure I'd just felt her kick while I was sitting in the waiting room. It's like she wanted to give me a heads up that she'd be running from the doctor.

Ash visited for the weekend, and Christina and Sarah came over Saturday night for some girl time.

I finally started getting my energy back! I had been expecting the exhaustion would life like a curtain exactly at 14 weeks like it did with James, so it was a bit of a surprise to have it linger and extra week an half. But then suddenly one morning- gone!

Baby progress: Baby is the size of an avocado. She's starting to be able to hear so maybe she heard James say, "Hi baby!" to her the other day. She's also growing taste buds, so pretty soon she'll be tasting my food.

Baby Girl kicked me really hard on Tuesday. I don't remember James kicks biting quite like that! Even later in his pregnancy! Maybe she found a sensitive spot.

Symptoms: Light-headed!, exhaustion lifted magically, carpal tunnel hand- OW!, acid reflux, sore belly, stuffy nose at bed time
Cravings: Grapefruit juice, mandarins, cream cheese, strawberry jam, fish, seltzer water (but I haven't been drinking the latter because it gives me too much acid reflux)
Anti-cravings: Wheat bread that I have eaten for years is suddenly gross cardboard.
My Weight Gain: 5-6 pounds (Last time 8 pounds)
Compare to week 16 with James

I'm 17 weeks today! April is getting closer!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...