Monday, November 4, 2013

It's a girl!

Since I will be 35 when the baby is born, we had some early genetic testing at 11 weeks. Actually, I might have been inspired to get the testing when the doctor told me I could find out the baby's gender early. A week later, on Monday, October 14th, the genetic counselor called and told me the baby was healthy and that she was a girl!

Sonogram gender
Welcome to this crazy family, little girl!

I had a feeling the baby was a girl, but it was a less definite feeling than I had with James when I was pregnant with him and thought he was a boy. Although, my strong feeling with James didn't come until later, and then he was confirmed a boy at 20 weeks. We got to find out much earlier this time! Of course we are thrilled! James even asked for a "seester" over a "broder."

This is how we told my mom over Google video chat:

hangout_snapshot_3
Video chatting with Nana

hangout_snapshot_4
And then I whipped out one of my dresses from when I was a baby.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...