Friday, January 15, 2010

Bomb Scare 2010

We sort of had a bomb scare yesterday. Gotta love New York.

Bomb Scare 2010

And I say sort of, because while there was a lot of commotion on the street right outside my job, no one on the news or at work reported anything to us. We found out from a coworker who was not allowed to cross the street to get to work. The police told her to leave "before it went boom."

Bomb Scare 2010

Don't worry, there wasn't a bomb. It was just two bags of clothing abandoned on the street. But I'm glad the city took immediate action to prevent detonation, just in case. And since Kevin is teaching classes in Manhattan for the winter session, he took immediate action too-- we went to lunch together a few blocks away from the bomb area.

I hope this is not the foreshadowing in my blog to a real boom one day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...