Saturday, September 27, 2014

Miranda is 5 Months 2014

Okay, the last month went frighteningly fast! I think the second baby stuff is flying by faster than the first. Slow down, Time!

Nana Visits- Sept. 2014
5 months with Nana!

Food: Kevin gives her a bottle a couple times a week just to have her in the habit. She'll fight him and then only take 2 ounces but at least it's something. She still nurses about every 1.5-2 hours, but sometimes she'll skip a feeding if she falls asleep.

Technically her first food was banana with Nana on August 16th, but let's just block that out because there are no pictures. Her "first food" was baby oatmeal on September 6th, and she loved it so much. Ever since we gave her food she eyes me with resentment when I don't share what I'm eating. True story.

September 2014
Oatmeal!

September 2014

The second time she ripped the spoon out of my hand and tried to feed herself.

September 2014
Yogurt!

Sleep: Our system of putting Miranda to sleep after she's been awake for 1.5 hours has worked wonders for her personality! Except when we don't get her down in time. I nurse her to sleep and she cooperates right away but she's not much of a crib sleeper yet. I leave her in the bed and watch her on the baby monitor, or I just stay with her for her nap but now that I think about it, she rarely sleeps more than 45 minutes so maybe I should just plop her in the crib anyway. I'm getting really tired of having NO free time during the day. I also put her to bed at 6:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. It's magical having both kids sleeping by 7:30 p.m. Unfortunately it doesn't last and she often gets up. A lot. At 11 p.m. she pretty much moves into the bed for the rest of the night with me. This is sad.

August 2014
Successful nap

September 2014
Failed nap

Growth: She's in size 6 months (sometimes 3-6 months, but never 6-9 months). At her very late 4 month appointment she was about 15 pounds.

August 2014
Just because it's the right size doesn't mean it's a good outfit, Dada!

Skills: She makes little chatty noises sometimes. She plays with her feet a lot. She rolls over only a quarter of the way each time. Her teething has gotten worse and she drools a lot. She's finally interested in James and smiles at him. She beats things with her little fits or with her toys. She likes the toys she can chew on and everything on the jumperoo. She jumps like a crazy woman in the jumperoo but not for long. She gets tired after a few minutes. She like her baby gym better now too and lasts longer in that. She's starting to skoot around on her back a bit. She can hold a sitting position a little bit if we set her up or lean her up against something but she tips over immediately.

August 2014
Likes the jumperoo a little better

Post Labor Day 2014
Like the baby play gym a lot better.

Fairfax VA 2014
First driving lesson- they grow up so fast!

Personality: Miranda smiles at us a lot and seems to love all three of us. Sometimes she grips my neck and feels like a hug even though it's not. She tries to force her little will on the world.

She loves bathtime and kicks up huge splashes.

Grandma Visit- Aug 2014
Miley Cyrus has nothing on Miranda's attitude.

Grandma Visit- Aug 2014
Happy baby!

Post Labor Day 2014
Why are there giraffes on my feet?

September 2014
Fake hugs are just as good as real ones!

September 2014

She loves kisses too.

Me: It's been rough working and watching kids with Kevin regularly doing book promotion stuff.

I lost 27. I still have about 3 pounds to pre-Miranda and 8.5 to pre-James.

September 2014
I might still be wearing my robe today but it's totally worth it!

Kevin: [Has no observation this month because he is off on book tour!]

August 2014
They love it when he comes home from work, but not as much as I do!

September 2014
Kevin is multi-tasking.

James: James is super helpful and hands me things when I have her, like her burp cloth or my phone. He's adjusted to hanging out quietly while she's napping.

August 2014
So much love! (not Halloween, just a hand-me-down)

September 2014
Besties 4 life.

September 2014
Wearing sweaters from grandma!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...