Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day- A Retrospective

Happy Valentine's Day! This year is my 7th Valentines Day with Kevin, and my 2nd with James. Since I met them, love has rocked my world. Tonight I'm cooking a huge Cuban dinner for Kevin, and this weekend we're going to dinner and drinks in the Brooklyn neighborhood we lived in when we got married. And for your Valentine's Day gift, we're posting a Things My Wife Complains About this afternoon.


Our 1st Valentine's Day in 2007
Kevin and I had been dating about 6 and half months. He took me to the fancy Fellini's Restaurant in Charlottesville, VA for Valentine's Day dinner. Also got flowers the week before for our 6 month anniversary. I didn't take any pictures (what?) but I took him to my 2L Barristers Ball three days later and we took tons of photos.

Six-Month Anniversary Flowers from Kevin
6-month flowers

Barristers Formal 2007
At Vivace restaurant before the dance, February 2007

Barristers Formal 2007
Barristers Ball at the Omni Hotel 2007


Our 2nd Valentine's Day in 2008
Kevin and I had been engaged for 2 and half months, and we were living in Charlottesville together. I don't remember if we specifically did something for Valentines Day, but 4 days before Valentines we went to my 3L Barristers Ball. The following weekend, on the 16th, my parents hosted a little engagement party for me and Kevin in Charlottesville.

Barristers Formal - 3L Year
At our place before Barristers Ball

Barristers Ball 2008
Dancing! 2/10

Barristers Ball 2008
Dancing?

Ericka's Family 2008 
Our engagement party at our place in 2008, 2/16

Our 3rd Valentine's Day in 2009
Kevin and I were engaged and living together in Brooklyn, NY, with under 4 months until our wedding. Brady, James W. and I celebrated Kevin's Sunday birthday on the Saturday of Valentine's Day, with dinner at a Peruvian restaurant and drinks at Kevin's favorite Brooklyn bar. The four of us kept it sexy.

Brooklyn Heights Promenade 2009
Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Valentine's Day 2009

Valentine's Day 2009
Peruvian dinner at Coco Roco in Brooklyn

Kevin's 29th Birthday
Brady, James W., and Kevin at the Brooklyn Inn

Our 4th Valentine's Day in 2010
Our first married Valentine's Day! I threw a huge multi-day celebration for Kevin's 30th birthday over the relevant weekend, so we celebrated Valentine's Day the next weekend. We were still living in Brooklyn, but we celebrated in Manhattan with Mexican restaurant El Centro for dinner and the New York City Ballet at Lincoln Center.

Kevin's 30th Birthday 2010
Celebrating Kevin's 30th birthday, February 13th

Kevin's 30th Birthday
Chelsea Market, February 15th

New York City Ballet 2010
At the New York City Ballet at Lincoln Center, February 19th

Our 5th Valentine's Day in 2011
By now, we had moved to Long Island and we were expecting our first baby in 2 months. We went out for dinner at Bob's Restaurant in Long Island when I was 31 weeks huge.

30 Weeks and 5 Days 2011
 Kevin's 31st birthday in Manhattan, 30-31 weeks pregnant with James

Valentines Day 2011
31 weeks along on February 14, 2011

Our 6th Valentine's Day in 2012
Our first Valentine's Day as parents! Which means, you have to figure out who wants to spend their Valentines Day babysitting for you if you want to go out together. Michele very generously came over to watch James. Kevin and I went out for dinner at Sushi Ya in Long Island for Valentine's Day, because  sushi is one of my favorites.  James was particularly happy about Michele's visit because he loves her, and she was his first ever Valentine's Day date.

Valentines Day 2012
James's first Valentine's Day at 9 almost 10 months!

Valentines Day 2012
Getting James ready for bed before leaving for our date

Valentines Day 2012
James and Michele 

1 comment:

michele L said...

<3 <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...