Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kevin's 33rd Birthday 2013

Happy birthday, Kevin! One of the challenges of being a parent, particularly parents who don't use babysitters, is that it's very difficult to go out together. We had a plan for last weekend and my mother was going to watch James, but Snowstorm Nemo decided to trap us on Long Island without a railroad so we both had to cancel. Rescheduling meant that we couldn't get my mother here on a day that worked for some of Kevin's friends, so I sent Kevin off without me. There was a little symmetry in this since last year I celebrated my 33rd birthday without Kevin while he watched James. But still, it's too bad.

Some of Kevin's friends generously rescheduled with him, and they got drinks and ate BBQ at Mighty Quinn's in Manhattan. Yes, we remain obsessed with southern BBQ and we've noticed more and more places in New York City that serve it. We don't know if they were always there and we just noticed, or if we were at the forefront of a Northern cuisine trend. I digress. Thank you to Jon, Nick, Emily, and Lukas for showing Kevin a nice time on his birthday. We're lucky to have wonderful friends like you!

 Kevin's 33rd Birthday 2013
Kevin and Jon at Mighty Quinn's

Kevin's 33rd Birthday 2013
Emily and Nick on Kevin's birthday

Kevin's 33rd Birthday 2013
I don't know what's happening here, but there's Lukas

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...