Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow Storm Nemo 2013

I'm not sure who named the storm Nemo or why, but Nemo wasn't too rough on us. We got 1 - 1.5 feet of snow here, and in a big surprise we didn't lose power. Even better, even though almost everyone on Cape Cod lost power, somehow none of our family did.

  Snow Storm 2013 
James watching Kevin shovel from the window

The biggest problem we had was that the Long Island railroad stopped running unannounced at 2 PM, and that meant Kevin had to cancel his birthday plans with his friends. (Originally, I was supposed to go too, but the snowstorm limited our babysitting options so I was going to let him go on without me.) I felt awful for him. He works really hard and conscientiously at his job, and he's such a wonderful husband, father, and friend. He should be celebrated constantly-- but especially on his birthday. We're going out by ourselves next weekend, but I know he's disappointed about not going out with his friends.

Snow Storm 2013
Kevin shoveling the driveway

In unrelated news, Flickr is getting pretty creepy lately so I'm going to have to make all my photos private. This means that there will be a lot of images in old posts that show up blank while I'm fixing the HTML. Please be patient.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...