Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Kevin and I celebrated Valentine's Day this weekend. My mom came over to spend some time with James and babysit him so we took the opportunity to go for dinner and drinks in our old Brooklyn neighborhood of Cobble Hill.

Valentine's Day 2013
Valentine's picture- oh my I need some sun!

Valentine's Day 2013
Despite his "Awesome 24/7" shirt, James is unhappy when you grab his pacifier

Nana Visits- February 2013
Reading his favorite book, Curious George, with Nana

Nana Visits- February 2013
James and Nana both like bling

We had sushi and sake at Ki restaurant. It was yummy, though it's one of those places where it makes a difference what you order. Some of the rolls are way better than others. (I'm pretty tough on sushi, but if you want a recommendation, my two favorite places in New York right now are Iroha in Manhattan and Ozu in Brooklyn.) We had sidecars at Clover Club cocktail bar and whiskey drinks at Char No. 4. The Four Roses small batch bourbon was really good. We also stopped at Brooklyn Inn on the way home-- but mainly to warm up.

Valentine's Day 2013
Yummy passion roll and fantastic roll at Ki sushi

Valentine's Day 2013
Kevin with a sidecar at Clover Club

Valentine's Day 2013
Cheers from Char No. 4!

Possibly the culinary highlight of the evening though was our double dessert at The Chocolate Room. We had chocolate cake and washed it down with dark hot chocolate. Oh. my. gosh. DARK HOT CHOCOLATE. I think they just straight-up melted a high-quality chocolate bar into my cup. Chocolate is the new wine.

Valentine's Day 2013
Telepathically professing my love to the dark hot chocolate

Thanks again, for babysitting, Nana! We had a very happy Valentine's Day celebration.

Nana Visits- February 2013
James's Valentine this year: Nana

PS. Valentine's Day last year and a Valentine's Day retrospective.

Valentine's Day 2013
Two dozen roses from Kevin- I'm a lucky woman!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...