Wednesday, October 20, 2010

3 Weeks, August 1-7, 2010

First Sign- Almost 4 Weeks
Then I had a little more dizziness. I felt like I had slightly pulled a muscle in my abdomen. During that week I became sleepier and sleepier, until on Friday, I slept from 9:30 p.m., to 9:30 a.m. the next morning. After that I routinely napped and went to bed early whenever I could. By now, I was 80-85% sure, a percent I arrived at when Kevin questioned me to see how much I was getting my hopes up. Still I did not have the more classic symptoms you hear about such as being nauseated.

On Saturday, August 7, we spent the day at the beach and we returned, I could not hold out to take a test. Even though the baby was planned, Kevin still looked surprised and maybe a little confused. According to the books, the baby should have looked somewhat fish-like at this point, so I drew a fish in its twitter account. ><)))*> I started referring to the baby as Poppy Seed, based on its approximate size.

Milestones: Positive pregnancy test, baby is an embryo now with cells rapidly dividing.
Cravings: Milky milk shakes, salt, salad, nuts
Symptoms: Extreme sleepiness, dizziness, slight abdominal pain
Baby-size: Poppy seed

5 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Ha! You held out on that pregnancy test longer than I would have! :) Congratulations!

eralon said...

I thought of you. I really want you to get a positive soon.

Sarah George said...

is that pic your actual test? I'm guessing its a stock photo b/c i'm reading it as "not pregnant". every time i see one of those i panic that i won't be able to tell for sure what the lines mean or will get it backwards. i would probably need a lot of people to confirm it to my satisfaction.

eralon said...

That's mine. The second line was light.Kevin had asked, "What percent sure are you that you're pregnant? How much are you getting your hopes up?" I said, "I think it's like 80%, 80% that I'm pregnant." After I took the test and the light line came up, he said, "What did it say?" I said, "It says 80%." I waited a few days and took another one, and the second line was darker. It takes a while for the hormones to show up. Also, remind me to tell you the drama about the night I bought the test. (The night that you, Lukas, Kevin, and I were at a pharmacy together after we went to a bar together.)

Sarah George said...

ha ah !
while we were drunkly arguing about a toilet plunger you guys ... sneaky! good story to tell lil one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...