Friday, May 7, 2010

Car Bombs and Suspicious Packages 2010

As you know, there was a car bomb plot last Saturday in Times Square. That's not super close to where I work, and lately I work from home on weekends. But there has been a lot of spillover this week. Monday my subway trains were all rerouted and upon arrival my exit was being manned by New York Fireman (these guys are bigger than huge).

And today, Times Square was closed again because of a suspicious package that turned out to be a cooler of water bottles. Which brings to mind an interesting question. Can't we be as "terrorized" by coolers of water as bombs if the intent is to make large numbers of people feel fear (as opposed to killing a smaller number).

In any case, this is the sort of thing that's taking place where I work, and I spend many more hours at work than at home. In fact, in January, there was another bomb scare that took place right next to my office building during working hours that I wrote about here.

New York Car Bomb 2010
Saturday, May 1st, Times Square Car Bomb

New York Suspicious Package 2010
Friday, May 7th, Times Square Bomb Scare

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...