Wednesday, September 7, 2016

James's First Day of Kindergarten 2016

You're probably not surprised by now, but I took a lot of photos of James's first day of Kindergarten!

First Day of K 2016
My super cute 5-year-old boy!

First Day of K 2016
Modeling the backpack

First Day of K 2016
"You're going to miss me Miranda." "Yeah."

First Day of K 2016
Spontaneous hug instead of posing

I am a bit tired in this picture. Here are some reasons I didn't sleep last night: 1) James was starting kindergarten today!, 2) Tropical storm Hermine was making a lot of noise in Long Island, 3) I was inexplicably itchy, 4) when I finally fell asleep I had a very scary nightmare, 5) when I woke up again I contemplated how worm holes might work for time travel. (I am reading Brian Greene.)

First Day of K 2016
Kevin slept just fine.

First Day of K 2016
Kindergarten jitter-glitter confetti!! YAY! Congratulations!

First Day of K 2016
Adjusting the straps to the smallest setting.

First Day of K 2016
Here comes the bus! Almost 9 AM.

First Day of K 2016
I am not sad yet because I'm going to stalk him at school.

First Day of K 2016
Miranda is very sad she didn't get on the bus too. "I go school bus!"

First Day of K 2016
Got off the bus with his backpack and everything! (He doesn't know I'm there.)

I saw some people that looked like parents, and even though I was pretty sure I wasn't supposed to go in, I went in to check- and maybe get a picture of James going into his class. Unfortunately I got busted by the Principal who very nicely told me there were no parents in the building today. Off to a good first impression!

First Day of K 2016
James's teacher greeting one of James's classmates.

After that I went home and bawled like a baby. I counted down until he would be home. 

First Day of K 2016
Mercifully, they sent me this class picture via email. Thank the heavens!

He was a little crazy when he got home, but at dinner he told me he had two teachers today but one would stay, Mr. J, and one was temporary. He colored his hat, above, a bear picture, and ate his entire huge snack at snack time. He had an art class, and the art teacher Mr. B told them they could draw anything so he drew his kindle. His homeroom teacher Mr. J asked them if before kindergarten the kids were excited, happy, or nervous. Most of the kids said they were excited, James said he was happy, and the teacher said he was nervous.

K: "The teacher was nervous?"
J: "Well, it was before kindergarten."
K: "Why?"
J: "Well maybe that the kids would be mean to him."

He talked about his Kindle video games with one of the boys who has the same Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion game, but didn't learn his name yet. I asked if they were BFF, and he looked at me like I was crazy and told me it was only the first day.

The buses were super late to pick them up at the school! He's supposed to be home by 4:30 which is bad enough, but didn't get home until almost 5:15 PM! While we were waiting at the door, it occurred to me that based on how Miranda kept saying James was on the school bus, she thought in her little toddler brain that he'd been riding around all day on the bus. Kevin pointed out that she'd gone to the school three times including today, but when we asked her, she confirmed she thought he was on the bus all day.

First Day of K 2016

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...