Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Michele's Bachelorette Festivities 2016

Ash and I went to Richmond to see Michele and celebrate her bachelorette/sort-of-wedding-shower! We had SO much fun I decided to count how many fun things we did (like the birthday fun things game). I reserve the right to edit this post to add more fun things I forgot at the time of writing the post. Also because we had so much fun, I had to break this down into multiple posts! The fun started weeks in advance with Ash has been sending text pictures with signs since we bought our tickets (#1).

FRIDAY
Friday I finally got in on the action sending pictures of James, Miranda, and me wearing Mexican hats (#2) because Michele and Brandon will get married in Mexico in April! Ash and I had drinks at JFK with our hats (#3), and struck up a conversation with some people who offered to take our picture. It turned out that they're moving to Richmond soon so we tried to encourage them to join the Richmond Food Co-op. (#4)

Ash and I bought drinks on the plane and the attendant carded us in all seriousness. (#5) We greeted Michele and Brandon in RIC still wearing the hats.

Meximond 2016
Me, Michele, and Ash in our Meximond sombreros! (#6)

We went back to Michele and Brandon's and had some wine and cheese while catching up. (#7) Brandon also made us these amazing turmeric drinks. Yum. (#8) They showed us their awesome wedding rings! (#9)

Meximond 2016
Michi + Brando = Love

Meximond 2016
Because apparently turmeric is a happiness-inducing spice

SATURDAY
Saturday morning I slept in! (#10) Actually I still woke up first somehow, so I went to the store to buy wine and Girl Scout Cookies. Ash came with me, the walk was pleasant, and the tiny girl scout entrepreneur actually assured us that the thin mints go great with wine. (#11)

Brandon made us fresh scones! (#12) We ate them with honey made by Buddhist monks and wow- you could taste the delicious nirvana in them. Seriously. (#13)

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
So good this is a picture from my out-of-body scone experience

Michele went to Yoga, Ash went to see her cousin and I met up with Candice, Tim, and Cora. (More on my visit with them later.) (Separate but simultaneous #14)

I arrived at the spa, still super happy from my visit with Candice and as I walked in I remembered that I was scheduled for a couples massage with Ash. Let me just break that down for you a minute, I was already so happy, well-rested, and well-fed only to discover I was scheduled for MORE HAPPINESS. The massage was only my third ever (first was my prenatal one, second one was also with Ash) but it was the best ever. I tried to stay very focused on it and not let my mind wander during it. (#15) Michele and Angela met us there and we all had a group pedi together. (#16) And they gave us wine to sip! (#17)

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
At the spa getting pedicures

While we got our nails done, Michele had her massage. (#18) (She came back for her manicure Sunday, so she didn't miss out on anything.) There was so much unintentional comedy during the manicure that I laughed so hard I think I pulled some abs. (#19)

Then we met Brandon, Paul, Chris at Amour, the restaurant where Michele and Brandon first met! It's called Amour! Paul gave us very personalized wine recommendations so we loved what we were drinking. (#20) Then the boys headed out for part 1 of a very civilized bachelor celebration. (#21) We spotted them later eating dinner at a restaurant. I really wanted to take cute paparazzi photos of them but I restrained myself.

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
Ash, Michele, Brandon, Paul, Chris at Amour

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
KISS KISS- Michele and Brandon

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
Me and Angela had a lot of bonding time on this trip

We went to visit Emily and Avery at Michele's mom's house. Avery is Michele's niece and she's a little mini-Emily and is the cutest. The cutest. (#22) Michele not only showed us her wedding dress but put it on to model it. So gorgeous!! (#23)

Then we back to the house for out girls' night of pizza and wine! (#24) We also had our Girl Scout Cookies. They deserve their own number. (#25) Ash got us Bachelorette tattoos that said "Bride to Be" for Michele and "Bride's Tribe" for the rest of us, and she helped us apply them because she's the best. (#26) We wore the Mexican hats in honor of Meximond and their upcoming wedding in Mexico and took lots of fun pictures. (#27)

We played Dixit - a very pretty game- and we successfully battled the tricky Susan and Kate team. (#28) Michele also had a dress for some official document signing and she modeled that dress for us as well. (#29)
Michi's Bachelorette 2016
Cheers to Michi and Brandon's love!

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
Michele, Karen, and Susan showing their hats and tats

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
Kate, Angela, and me - more hats and tats

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
The original three amigas

Michi's Bachelorette 2016
Me and Michi

Michi's Bachelorette 2016

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...