Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break - Woo! A Retrospective

Kevin's on Spring Break! The most exciting thing about Spring Break these days is that Kevin is home to help with James, but we are going to use the opportunity to do some fun things this week. I'm looking forward to it. Here are some fun Spring Breaks from our past!

1998- My freshman year of college- I went to Syracuse and went to my first concert ever, The Rolling Stones in the Bridges to Babylon tour.

1999- My sophomore year of college- Vicky, Yeon, Candice and I went to London, Brighton, and Bath, and Candice and I also took the Chunnel to Paris for a day. This was Kevin's Freshman year at college and he went to Boston to visit his friend Casey. They went to a Celtics game on St. Patrick's Day and crashed a party at Boston University!

London 1999
Candice, Vicky, Yeon, and me in London

Brighton, England 1999
Candice and I in Brighton

Bath, England 1999
Bath, England

Paris 1999
Candice and I in Paris

2000- My junior Year of college- I went to visit Candice on her study abroad program in Prague. We also went to Berlin and Budapest. So fun! This was Kevin's sophomore year of college and he went camping in the Blue Ridge with Brady, Briggs, Lukas, and Betsy.

Prague, Czech Republic 2000
Old Town, Prague

Budapest, Hungary 2000
Castle District in Budapest

Berlin, Germany 2000
Candice and I at the Berlin Wall 

2001- My senior year of college, Janice, Soraya, and I went to Miami. It was Kevin's junior year (but he graduated early so it was his last Spring Break) and he went to Daytona Beach with some high school friends.

Miami 2001
Me and Janice in Miami

2002-2004- I foolishly assumed adults did not "do Spring Break."

2005- Allison and I went to Miami. We didn't think of it as "Spring Break" per se, but it was March and we went to Miami so I'm sticking to it.

Miami Beach 2005
Me and Allison in Miami

2006- My 1L year of law school, Katy, Sarah and I went to Katy's beach house in South Carolina, and celebrated my birthday near Charleston.

Edisto Island, SC 2006
Me and Sarah having birthday drinks

2007- My 2L year of law school, Brian, Katy, Sarah W, Paul, Mihai, and I went on a cruise to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Guatemala, and Belize. The departure and return port was New Orleans.

New Orleans 2007
Sarah, me, Brian, and Paul in New Orleans

Costa Maya, Mexico 2007
Paul, Sarah, Brian, and me in Costa Maya, Mexico

Guatemala 2007
At a Spanish fort in Guatemala (with Sarah)

Lamanai, Belize 2007
Sarah, Katy, Brian, and me in Belize

Cozumel 2007
Being ridiculous in Cozumel!

2008- My 3L year of law school, Katy, Sarah, Donald, Brian, Julie, Josh, and I went to Katy's beach house in South Carolina, and then to Audra and Rob's wedding in North Carolina with Roger and Kevin. For Kevin's Spring Break we went to Arizona to visit his family with his brother Andrew.

Charleston, SC 2008
Me, Brian, Sarah, and Julie in Charleston

Grand Canyon
Andrew, Kevin, and me at the Grand Canyon

2009- I did a 20-hour roadtrip to Ohio and back, with my parents to try on my wedding dress at the dressmaker's. Again, I didn't think of it as Spring Break at the time-- but a 20-hour roadtrip! Holy cow!

Ohio Trip 2009
Dad and I at the top of the Miamisburg Mound

2010- Since Kevin is a professor, he still gets a week off every year during this time, so in 2010 we did a trip to Cartagena, Colombia.

Cartagena, Colombia 2010
The Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas in Cartagena

2011- Well, James was born conveniently during Kevin's Spring Break, so Kevin was able to stay with me for the first 5 days before going back to work.

James at 2 Days Old 2011
Spring Break - woo!

2012- Kevin, James, and I went to Northern Virginia, DC, and Charlottesville for the first time as a family. Kevin and I also went to Roger and Lina's wedding.

Washington, DC 2012
First family trip to Washington, DC

Charlottesville, VA 2012
First family trip Charlottesville, VA

We will be going to NoVa and DC again this year. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...