Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall for Dance with Sarah 2013

Last week, Sarah invited me to come to a night of Fall for Dance, a dance series at New York City Center. She reminded me that all the great performance art is one of the best parts of living in New York. So true! We had lots and lots of ramen at Menkui Tei, and then head over in time to take lots of failed selfies with the beautiful theater as our background.

Fall for Dance 2013
Sarah and me at New York City Center

We saw Dorrance Dance's "SOUNDspace," which was a super fun tap dance performance. We also saw Doug Elkin's Choreography's “Mo(or)town/Redux,” The Royal Ballet's "Untitled New Work," and Martha Graham Dance Company's “Rite of Spring.” I thought the "Rite of Spring" was painfully over the top, but I enjoyed all the other performances, and I definitely enjoyed my night out with Sarah. I think that was a better date than Kevin and I have been on in a long time. Ha!

Fall for Dance 2013 
Dorrance Dance: Tap dancing! (nytimes photo- shh)

Fall for Dance 2013
Doug Elkins Choreography

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...