Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dinosaur BBQ and West Harlem Piers Park 2012

I hear the following frequently, "I was going to bring my camera, but then I figured Ericka was going to be there, so I left it at home."  Well, sometimes I have a camera issue. Kevin got me a battery pack to modify my existing camera model because I complained that my battery is too slow at weddings to catch all the moments I want to catch. It's part of my evolving amateur photography. Well, the battery pack has been wonderful except that unlike my old 1-battery-at-time system, the camera doesn't slow down to warn me when the batteries are dying. That's the whole point right?  So Saturday when we arrived in Harlem for dinosaur BBQ I tried to get some shots of the area before we went in to the restaurant-- and my camera was totally dead. On the bright side, we had Kevin's phone to take photos with, but I only believe in that form of memory-capture in extreme emergencies such as this one.

Dinosaur BBQ, New York 2012
Jon, Becky, and Kevin

Dinner was great. I got the pulled pork, and Kevin got basically everything because I want him to gain back the weight that he lost on my post-pregnancy diet. Kevin and I can't help rating BBQ now, so we gave it a B+ which is a very strong grade for not even being in the South. The mac and cheese's crust was sublime and it was the best I've had in a long time. I also felt compelled to eat the Oreo pie abomination. It was delicious but I seriously felt sick afterwards from all the sugar. Oops. I don't know what the men were talking about because Sarah and I spent most of the time bombarding Becky with mother-to-be questions.

Dinosaur BBQ, New York 2012
Me, Sarah, and Lukas

After dinner we spent a little time walking along the West Harlem Piers Park. It was nice to get a little air and the view is actually pretty.

West Harlem Piers Park 2012
Yucking it up

West Harlem Piers Park 2012
Biggest laugh winner

West Harlem Piers Park 2012
Becky, Jon, and mini-Stern

West Harlem Piers Park 2012
Sarah being cute with her husband Lukas

West Harlem Piers Park 2012
The Clous and the pier

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...