Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Mt. Sinai Turkey Trot 2016

After I ran my first 5K, James asked me incessantly about running in a race with me. I told him he could do the kids fun run the next year, but the concept of a year is still long for him to grasp, so he kept asking. Despite his enthusiasm, I know that he's still slower than I am. Given how much energy children have, their inability to run well for any distance must be some kind of parent-child-survival mechanism? So when I saw a local 1K coming up, I decided this was perfect because most fun run are a full mile and 1K is only .6 miles.

Mt. Sinai Turkey Trot 2016
#299 is 5M, and #298 is 37F

Mt. Sinai Turkey Trot 2016 
Stretching

He still struggled. He was sick, but he's not much of a runner yet as you can see by this 3-year-old girl kicking his butt. Final time: 9:50 minutes.

Mt. Sinai Turkey Trot 2016
Good effort, buddy!

Mt. Sinai Turkey Trot 2016
Finishing strong

Mt. Sinai Turkey Trot 2016
Failed finish line photo

*James's 1K Race Stats:
Time: 9:50, Pace: 16:4/mile, Place: Towards the end
5 M, Bib #299, Division 1K Fun Run



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...