Monday, August 16, 2010

San Francisco 2010

Our friends were getting married in Sonoma, so Kevin and I went a few days early to enjoy San Francisco. I had never been before and Kevin hadn't been since he was a kid.  We were in San Francisco from Wednesday to Friday.

We took the trolley from Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf.  The trolley was a long wait, crowded, and somewhat lacking in views or entertainment, so skip it.  Fisherman's Wharf was worth it just for the sour dough and clam chowder. Unbelievably good.  We walked around the Port of San Francisco and hit some bars with Briggs who was also there early because of the wedding.

San Francisco, CA 2010
The trolley is silly, skip it.

The San Francisco Giant's AT and T Park is awesome because it faces the water. So beautiful. And the garlic fries are delicious! I really wanted one of the Panda Bear hats because they're cute and reference one of the baseball players on the Giants, but also because San Francisco was cold and foggy and I figured I could just wear the hat around.  Kevin wasn't thrilled with that idea, but in any case, I couldn't find a good hat so he won by default.

San Francisco, CA 2010
The San Francisco Giant's AT and T Park

San Francisco, CA 2010
Andrea and Neil live in SF and came to the game with us

We did some emergency shopping for the wedding in Union Square (probably Kevin's favorite part of the trip).  Chinatown was lots of fun as well, and I did a little shopping there as well.  We went to the famous City Lights bookstore, where I saw my friend Ghita's book Displaced Persons on sale in the front of the store! We ate dim sum at a sketchy place.


San Francisco, CA 2010
Chinatown gate

San Francisco, CA 2010
I heart Chinatown!

San Francisco, CA 2010
My spirit animal.

San Francisco, CA 2010
A nice view of the city

We walked around the Lombard Street Area, and took pictures. And at my request, went to Pier 39 to see the sea lions. I never did adjust to California time so I crashed one night and the boys had a late boys night of pizza and beer.  We had some legitimate Mexican food in the Mission.  And then we had to dash out of town so that Briggs wouldn't miss the wedding rehearsal. Find out if he made it to the wedding in the next post!

San Francisco, CA 2010
The Sea Lions at Pier 39

San Francisco, CA 2010
Kevin, Brady, and Briggs hanging out in The Mission neighborhood

San Francisco, CA 2010
Kevin and I with the Golden Gate Bridge

San Francisco, CA 2010
Brady too!

And then off to Sonoma...

1 comment:

Robin said...

I lived in the Bay Area for the first 25 years of my life and I don't think I've ever been on a cable car (perhaps when I was little) -- there are definitely way better things to do, food to eat, and sites to see if you are in the City.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...