Friday, March 23, 2012

James is 11 Months Old 2012!

Wow, James is almost a year old! How did that happen?  I mean don't get me wrong... it's been a lot of long days, but it's like Gretchen Rubin says, "The days are long but the years are short." So true.

James at 11 Months 2012
James at 11 Months, March 20

Moving- He runs around the apartment like a crazy man. Full run. You turn around and he's zipped into the bedroom to admire himself in the mirror, or to the kitchen to look at my fridge picture-magnets. If you leave the bathroom door open, it takes him exactly two seconds to go in, open a drawer, and pull out my hairbrushes. If I let him be in his room for two seconds, he immediately starts yanking all the clothing out of his drawers, or EATING his books. Yes, his books look like they were attacked by starving mice. Teething has been hard for James.

Sleep- James is still sleeping through the night (mostly) and thanks to Daylight Savings, he now usually sleeps from 8:30 p.m to 6:30 a.m. Sadly, he still makes me hold him during all his naps which is a sad waste of precious recharge time.

James at 10 Months 2012
About to grab my hair brushes, February 22nd

Eating- He eats anything you give him. Anything.  A short list of foods he's tried: beef, chicken, ham, turkey, egg, apple, banana, blue berry, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cheerios, oatmeal, pasta, rice, wheat bread. That's just off the top of my head. He's the least picky eater ever (so far).  Note, above, he eats books. More interestingly, he can now grab little bits of food with his hands and shove them in his mouth, although he's not terribly graceful about it. Sometimes he ends up licking the food off the back of his hand. He also actually sips liquid out of his sippy cup, though I've limited him to water because he likes to drool it out wherever he's dragged the sippy cup.

James at 10 Months 2012
Eating Cheerios (making a funny chewing face), March 14

James at 10 Months 2012
Licking the mango baby food, March 18

Growth- I'm not sure because we didn't have a doctor's appointment this week but he's been outgrowing a few items of clothing here and there.  He has 7 teeth, 4 on top and 3 on the bottom. He has 13 baby teeth to go!

Social- Oh boy. This is a mixed bag. He gives hugs and kisses sometimes, but it's not a daily occurrence. He shows the most affection when he "hides" behind you and you wonder out loud, "Where is James?" He run out and surprises you. He loves this game and finds it hilarious several times a day every day.  I think it's pretty great too.

On the other hand, he's learned to throw tantrums when the tiniest little thing frustrates him.  I didn't think that sort of thing happened until children were 2 and as it's impossible to reason with him I try to calm him down without necessarily giving him what he wants. That's not always possible though because if what he wants is to be picked up, it necessarily goes along with calming him.  In related news, my back is sore every single morning.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but when Grandma Kathy was here she taught him to shake his head no. So now when I tell him not to touch this or that, he shakes his head, and really his whole torso.

James at 10 Months 2012
Getting a super awesome hug from James, March 2

James at 10 Months 2012
He loves mirrors, maybe he needs some friends?, March 12

Language- Some days he says "mama" a lot. This isn't actually new to this month, but this month I became convinced that he meant something by it, if not precisely me. He either means me, milk, parent, or attend to me. I think he means something though. I've also started pointing at things more when I talk about them, so he points at stuff now too, though he points without any meaning behind it. He just randomly points. I try to respond to the pointing by telling him the name of stuff, but he doesn't actually care yet.
  
James at 11 Months 2012
Close-up at the park, March 20

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...