Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Miranda's 5th Birthday and Interview 2019

Miranda is a pretty confident little preschooler. She's very different than James was at this age, she's still working on the letters of the alphabet and counting (though she's really interested in math) but she always knows what she wants and uses some of the biggest words to demand it.

She didn't have a party this year even though James did, in part, because James had to wait until he was 8 for a friends' party, so it seems fair that she wait until she's at least 6, and also in part because she won't be going to school with any of the kids in her preschool next year. So we promised her a party next year when she's in Kindergarten. She still got her very own cake, and a bunch of presents she wanted so she wasn't sad about it. She even got the Barbie camper she's been obsessed with for almost a year.

Miranda Birthday 2019
5 years complete!

Miranda Birthday 2019
Barbie Camper Joy!

Miranda Birthday 2019
Taking the new Barbie camper to the new Barbie supermarket


Birthday Interview, 2019
What's your name? Miranda.
Do you know how to spell it? M-i-r-a-n-a
What's my name? Ericka
What do you call me? Mama

What's my husband's name? Kevin
   What do you call him? Dada.
How old are you? Five.
How old do you think I am? Don't know.  (I am 40.)
How old is Dada? Eight. (He is 39.)
How old is Jame? 8. (Correct.)

What is your favorite animal? Panda bears
What is your favorite color? Rainbow

What is your favorite food? Tacos
    What's your favorite breakfast? Cereal
    What's your favorite lunch? Chocolate toast (toast with Nutella spread)
    What's your favorite dinner? Tacos.

What is your favorite book? They're all my favorite book. (I hear you! She seems to really like The Very Ugly Bug, The Monster at the End of this Book, and lately, Sneezy the Snowman.)
What is your favorite song? Heartbeats only happen. (She means Big Love, Small Moments by JJ Heller)
What is your favorite toy? I have more than one favorite. I think my Barbie camper. (It's probably her Barbies and drawing stuff. She uses both every single day.)
Do you sleep with any toys at night? Sometimes only.

What is your favorite show? Boss Baby (She's also been obsessed with this baking competition lately called Nailed It.)
Which is your favorite movie?  Boss Baby, and the Minions

Are you funny? Yes.
How do you know? Cuz you tell me that I'm funny.

Who is your best friend? Don't have one. (It's probably Sonya, Ava, Mollin, and Elle at PreK.)
Do you like school? Yes.
What do you like about school? I like that we make crafts together.
Who are your teachers? Miss Weaver, Miss Heidi, Miss Heather, I can't remember anybody else. 

Do you love me? Yes! 
Do you love Dada? Yes! 
Do you love James? Yes!

What does it mean that you love someone? It means that you like them and you take good care of them.
Do you want to get married one day? No.
Why not? I don't know.
Do you want have kids one day? No.
I thought you wanted to be a mama? I do, but I don't want to have kids, because kids are a lot of work.

What's your favorite thing about Grandma? She makes us treats and we go to the beach with her.

What do you want to want to be when you grow up? A scientist. I want to be an artist. I want to be everything.


How come? Scientists discover cool things, and I do a lot of art so it makes sense I should be an artist when I grow up and I also like art.
Do you know what's dada's job is? Writing books and being a dad.

What do you like better the park, the library, the Zoo, or the Children's Museum? Don't have one [I like better].
What do you like to do with Dada? Play with him.
What do you play with him? Barbies.
What do you like to do with Mama? Play with her.
What do you play with me? Barbies.

What else do you think I should ask? Nothing.
Tell me something about your ballet class. We do ballet there.
What do you like better, dance or swim class? Swimming.
Do you like Omaha? Yeah.

What do you think the meaning of life is? Meaning? I don't know what that means.
I mean, what do you think the point of life is? To stay alive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...