Monday, April 22, 2019

James's 8th Birthday and Interview 2019

We threw James his first-ever birthday party with friends at SkyZone. Before this, we've kept it mainly to family and our friends. Partly because they were young, partly because we were often coping with Nana's (my mother) health issues and dwindling time, and partly because we're a little cheap. But he deserved to have some new friends come and enjoy his birthday this year as we moved him to Omaha between first and second grade which was not without pain for him. (We also got him a dog, Chekhov, in January to make up for this... so we're doing a lot of penance.)

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Party kids!

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Time to jump and throw things

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Fun

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Miranda and Sahasra partying it up too

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Pizza time!

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Other side (not pictured: Aquib)

 James's 8th Birthday 2019
Birthday cake! 8 Years Old!

James's 8th Birthday 2019
Family picture with lots of orange socks

Birthday Interview:
What's your name? James.
What do you call me? Mama.
What do you call your other parent? Dada.

How old are you? Eight.

What is your favorite food? I can't decide.
    What's your favorite breakfast? Cereal.
    What's your favorite lunch? Ham and cheese sandwich.
    What's your favorite dinner? Spaghetti, I mean, pizza, I mean, a hamburger.

What is your favorite animal? Puppies
What is your favorite color? Turquoise
What is your favorite book? Harry Potter (He read the first 3 HP books and is currently working on the very long book 4.)

What is your favorite song? Doe, a deer, a female deer...
What is your favorite toy? My Kindle
Do you sleep with any toys at night? Fudgie, the Super Mario Brother one sometimes.
What is your favorite game? Mariocart (he was playing it yesterday at Holden's house) 
There's a game you guys play about zombies at the park, what is that? Infection tag- one main zombie can infect the people, if there's a survivor he can un-infect the zombies, there are also minion zombies, and the main zombie.
What's your favorite sport? Gymnastics

What is your favorite show? DanTDM videos (on youtube)
Which is your favorite movie?  Boss Baby

Are you funny? Not that funny.
Why do you think that? I don't think my jokes are that good.

Who is your best friend? All my best friends: Sohan, Holden, Brody, Nicolas, Avian, Andrew, Aqib, Albert.
Do you like school? When I'm learning something new unless it's super stressful.
What subjects do you like in school? PE
Who are your teachers? Ms. Crites, Ms. Zilke (music teacher) Mr. Mohning (PE teacher), Ms. Svacina (librarian)

Do you love me? Yes! 
Do you love Dada? Yes! 
Do you love Miranda? Yes.
  
What does it mean that you love someone? It means that you care about them, you like them a lot and a lot and a lot, it's way better than like. So if you love someone, technically you're family.

Do you want to get married one day? Yes.
What do you think the person that you marry should be like? Kind, definitely gonna be a good mom, good positive traits, besides traits on the outside like beautiful.
Do you want to have kids one day? Sure, I'd say about 3, no 2. And I want them to be twin boys. Or twin girls.
Why? Because if they're twin boys, they're the same age and they like to do the same stuff, and if they like the same stuff they can get along easily.


What's your favorite thing about Mama? That she loves me and she snuggles with me, and she takes care of us.
What's your favorite thing about Dada? That he is nice to us, does work, and he helps us a lot, he's really nice to us.
What's your favorite thing about Miranda? That she's nice, sometimes.

What's your favorite thing about Grandma? She's a really good cook, she loves me, she cares about me, she also helps other people that need help.


What do you want to want to be when you grow up? I'd like to be a ... chef.
How come? Because they have pretty easy jobs, and I'd like to have an average life and make food for people.
I don't think it's an easy job at all. Well, I'm still I'm fine making food for people.
Do you know what Dada's job is? He's a teacher at UNO.

What's your favorite place to go? Parties

What do you like to do with Dada? I like to hang out with him and play with him. Games I make up.
What do you like to do with Mama? Snuggle with her, hug her.
What do you like to do with Miranda? I like to fight with her, play games with her. Just kidding about the first one.
What do you like to do with Grandma? I like to sit with her, and hang out with her, and cook with her.

What else do you think I should ask to tell future you what 8-year old you was like? Chekhov.
What do you like about Chekhov? He's cute, he's fluffy, he's nice sometimes, he is a good dog, sometimes.

Okay last one, what do you think the meaning of life is? I think the meaning of life is to help Earth, and be part of Earth.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...