Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rachel's Birthday 2013

For Rachel's birthday we went to Pio Pio in Hell's Kitchen, a Peruvian place with a dish called the matador that we love. They bring you an entire chicken (or two?) salad, tostones, rice and beans, and this fries and sausage dish I don't really understand. We also order maduros and this potato cheese thing. And of course, sangria.

Rachel's Birthday 2013
Rachel and Christina

Rachel's Birthday 2013
Yummy! (I don't usualy take pictures of food- but this is ridiculous.)

The last time Rachel, Christina, and I went to Pio Pio was at the Upper West Side location in January of 2010. We still remember that night because when Rachel passed on the sangria, we instantly knew she was pregnant (with Eleanor)! Unfortunately, back then I didn't photograph and blog every single thing I did (lame). However, I also got lost that evening, leading Kevin to write this post about him being responsible for my whereabouts. (Also here's pregnant Rachel at my birthday two months later.)

Rachel's Birthday 2013
Me and Jaime at Pio Pio

Afterwards we went to sing karaoke in private booth at Karaoke Duet 35. I've never been in a private karaoke booth before. It's a lot more fun because you don't have to embarrass yourself in front of strangers, wait for your turn to sing, and you can be as loud as you want. We had a really fun night out.

Rachel's Birthday 2013
Jaime is probably singing Barry Manilow

Rachel's Birthday 2013
Yay- group shot!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...