James standing in his shopping cart last week
I love this age! James possesses some great toddler characteristics, but he's also still a little snuggly baby that lets me hold him a lot. He loves going outside, and he brings us his shoes and his hat so that we'll take him to the park.
Loving the park
His favorite things in the world are Mama, Dada, both his grandmothers, sticks, rocks, Blues Clues, climbing, running from diaper changes, playing with things that aren't toys, music and dancing, attempts at playing patty cake, and trying to make friends with other kids (sometimes unsuccessfully). He's super affectionate; I get several unsolicited hugs and kisses a day.
He's trying to say new words, he understands a lot of simple instructions. In addition to some words he said last month... :
- "ight" = light /"loosh" = luz (Spanish for light)
- Boos Coos = Blues Clues
- "ow" = used to convey painless injuries, injustices, things that make him sad (he actually cries when he's hurt)
- agua/aba = Spanish for water
- tete = Spanish for pacifier
- "leche" Spanish for milk (rare)
- Click = the camera on Dora and Diego
- hi / hello (he runs around waving like a Disney princess)
- jugo = Spanish for juice
- ojo = Spanish for eye, but he means juice when he says it
- car (pronounced with a Boston accent: cahh)
- ayu = ayuda= help when he needs me to help him climb down from something
- up (rare)
- "ba pa" = back pack (from Diego)
- arbol = Spanish for tree
I'm excited about what crazy and funny things he'll have to tell us once he can string together some thoughts.
Learning to play basketball
Loves riding on Dada's shoulders