Monday, October 29, 2007

Megan and Ed's Wedding 2007

Megan and Ed got married! The wedding was in Florida where Ed is from, and Ed's mom helped with a lot of the arrangements. In Florida, there's always a threat of rain, so they kept the ceremony short and sweet. Thanks to their strategizing we were all inside right as it started raining outside.

Megan and her father
Megan and her dad

Megan's mother does a reading
Megan's mom doing a reading

The ceremony
Vows during the ceremony

The first thing we did before cocktail hour was take a big group photo of everyone at the wedding. I'd never seen that before and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Kevin and I copied that and the style of their invitations for our wedding. Suffice to say, I like their style. The cocktail hour was really fun in part because Megan and Ed actually attended their own cocktail hour. Again, it was the first time I had seen that, and Kevin and I copied that too.

Taylor Wedding 2007
Awesome group photo. 

Darren, Janice, Megan, and Ed
Darren and Janice with the bride and groom during cocktail hour

It's been five years but I still remember that the reception was beautiful, and the dinner was delicious, and they had an amazing cordial bar (with chocolate and coffee liquors) and a chocolate fountain. I loved that bar. And we all had a wonderful time celebrating and dancing together. It was really fun.

Laurie, Jamie, and Janice
Laurie, Jamie, and Janice

Taylor Wedding 2007 
Fake table photo missing Laurie (I think she was dancing?)

Taylor Wedding 2007
The beautiful cake

We were all so happy for the two of them. By the time they got married I had known Megan for 10 years. I had seen her be very happy before, enjoying herself with her friends, but since she met Ed, it seemed like she was permanently in that state of happy. When I met Ed in 2005, I thought he was great anyway. The reason I thought they were great together was that Megan was her best self with Ed. And all that beaming back and forth they did- wow. In five years, you can just look at them and see they haven't lost the magic. In many ways, they're even better now. They even run marathons together and have an amazing baby boy William.

First Dance
Even though this picture is from far away, I think you can see how happy they are.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...