Wednesday, August 10, 2011

James Visits New Jersey- August 2011

James recently took a little scream-filled ride to New Jersey to visit his great-grandmother Daisy. (Side note: Recently it has occurred to me that she might spell it Daysi. I always assumed it was spelled the English way. Like many Hispanic people she goes by her middle name, so I never see it in writing.) She fed us an enormous and delicious lunch of ribs, plantains, and moro (black beans and rice). My brother David stopped by to visit with James as well. They seem to get along well, except that James is a Red Sox fan who watches every single game with his father at 5 a.m. in the morning, and David is a Yankees fan.

James Visits New Jersey 2011
With his great-grandmother Daisy or "Abuelita" to me

James Visits New Jersey 2011
Taking a little nap on Abuelita's super-girly bed

James Visits New Jersey 2011
With his Uncle David

After, we went to my mother's place so that her friends Onel and Tania could meet James. Onel is one of my favorite people ever since he was extremely supportive of my parents when my dad was sick last year. Onel and Tania live in Pennsylvania, far-out, and Onel has a very demanding job, but he still came to see my father a number of times. He would come to the hospital and find us in any room where we had been moved. My dad was always happy to see him. It got to the point where I half expected him to show up at the hospital when I was there having James. But I guess he decided I might prefer privacy. Ha! He is always welcome anywhere he wants to be when it comes to my family.

James Visits New Jersey 2011
Posing for Arelys's camera phone picture

James Visits New Jersey 2011
Holding on to Onel's finger (with Onel and Tania)

James Visits New Jersey 2011
Trying to subtly move into biting down on Onel's hand (teething issues)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

OMG he is so cute! I can't wait to get my hands on him this week!

kclou said...

How do you like that big gold A, Ma?

Kathy said...

I was honored that Ana liked my idea so much that she followed my lead. Then, I laughed at how much you must love that the two grandmothers both have so much in common!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...