Friday, September 28, 2012

Cape Cod- September 2012

So I caught a cold that James had a week or two ago. I guess my body was fighting it with all my might while I was taking care of James and concert-going and whatnot, but the second I got into the car to go to the Cape, my immune system fell apart. Almost like on some level my white blood cells knew I'd have less that I absolutely had to do on the Cape. Even given that I spent almost all of Sunday on my ma-in-law's couch, we still got to do a lot of fun things. Forgive my puffy sinus-infection-face.

We visited Grandma Ruth all three days we were there. I even herded everyone outside for a nice group picture.

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Great grandma Ruth, James, Kevin, and Grandma Kathy

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Inside playing with a 50-year-old horsey.

We spent a little quality time playing on Mayflower Beach on Saturday.

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Tossing the football with grandma on Mayflower Beach

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Loves the beach!

On Monday, Grandma suggested we check out Taylor-Brays Farm, since she knew how much I enjoyed the Queens County Farm. We had a nice time seeing all the animals and enjoying the view of the big Cape Cod salt marsh behind the farm.

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
The Clous at the Taylor-Brays Farm

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
In front of the salt marsh

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
My favorite photo ever of James riding around on Kevin's head.

We went to the playground in the center of town and had a great time.

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Playgrounds are not just for little kids!

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Okay, here's James having a good time too.

We had fun closer to home too. James got to go to the pond in front of grandma's house and spend a little quality time with Nomar.  James had such a great time-- he can't wait to go back!

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
James enjoying Follins Pond

Cape Cod- Sept 2012
Notice the screen door between them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...