Thursday, August 18, 2011

Roger and Lina Are Engaged! 2011

Roger proposed to Lina last weekend!

Fourth of July 2009
Lina and Roger have fireworks! 2009

My friend Roger and I have been through a lot. We met each other at a UVA Law event in June of 2005 before we started law school. In August, when we started classes we were assigned to the same section which cemented that we would at least know each other for a while. Pretty soon we had the same little group of friends and we were all getting together after law school parties to gossip or on lazy Sundays to play board games. But I think Roger and I didn't really become good friends until I started dating Kevin. I believe Roger said something like, "If you marry Kevin, I think you and I will be lifelong friends." Thanks, buddy! Haha. There were another four years of friendship before he proposed Lina, wherein we did things like study for the bar together in Charlottesville. This was extremely traumatic. We even took the bar together in Albany, New York, which is pretty much the only reason you would ever want to go to Albany.

But now that he's marrying Lina, I'm persuaded that we should be lifelong friends. (Just kidding, Roger, you were already "in.") For one thing, James and I need more Hispanic friends that speak Spanish. For another, anyone I can comfortably hang out and do nothing with (read: rewatch a million episodes of Lost) fits right in with the rest of my girlfriends.

I hope Roger realizes how lucky he is. When he and Lina were hiking in the woods one day they encountered a bear. Roger is six feet tall and Lina is about five feet tall. While Roger stood surprised, Lina darted in front of him and threw up her arms ("got big") to scare off the bear. Not only is Lina a tough cookie of the best sort, that's a seriously hard-core show of love. Roger is doing his best to live up to it by learning to speak Spanish.

Congratulations, Roger and Lina! And let the 2012 wedding season begin!

Burke Wedding 2010
At Donald and Sarah's Wedding 2010

U.S. Space & Rocket Center 2010
At the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Alabama 2010

New Year's Eve 2010 --> 2011
New Year's Eve 2010 -- 2011

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...