Saturday, November 21, 2009

Our Engagement 2007

Two years ago, on the day before Thanksgiving (it fell early that year) Kevin proposed on the steps of the New York Public Library. He wanted to propose before the holidays; he was spending Thanksgiving with my parents and I was spending Christmas with his mother's large family. It wasn't our first holiday together, as we had already spent Thanksgiving together in Charlottesville in 2006 with his mother, brother, and cousin Katie. But it was our first holiday together since wedding magazines had suspiciously appeared in our apartment. We'd moved in together officially in September, and I would be an honest fiancee before I ate Christmas Chinese take-out with the family. (I told you we're Asian.)

He proposed in New York, where we planned to live when I graduated law school because I had a job waiting. Presumably he chose a library because as the wife of a writer professor I would be compelled to live in one. He wanted to make his terms of the deal extremely clear. He made his high school friend and future groomsman jump out and take pictures as it was all happening. Clearly, Kevin also understood my terms in the deal.

Our Engagement 2007
Proposing!

This is the only time I have seen the planet spin while sober. It is really something. I would place it second only to walking down the aisle with my dad and seeing everyone that Kevin and I love smiling at me simultaneously.

Here is our witness's take on it:

A picture from afterwards:
Our Engagement 2007
I am happy

Thanksgiving 2007
Thanksgiving dinner with my parents the next day 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...